The Industrial Truck Association has announced it’s second annual Forklift Safety Day, to be held June Tuesday, June 14. There are things you can do to take advantage of this day to help create awareness about the dangers that forklifts present and how to minimize the potential for accidents that can result in injury or death, damage to your facility, equipment and financial losses. We’ve compiled a short list of things you can do on June 9th to improve safety on and around your forklifts.
- Make sure all your forklift operators have been trained and that their refresher training is up to date, if applicable or necessary.
- Take time to teach your forklift operators the importance of daily inspections of their forklifts. Daily inspections reduce the risk of equipment failure and catch small problems before they blossom into giant ones. You can download daily forklift inspection sheets for both IC forklifts and electric forklifts.
- Download and post our free forklift safety posters for:
- Take some time to gather any staff that operates around forklifts, but not on them, to refresh them about the dangers of this equipment and how to be sure to use safe procedures when they are in an area of your facility where forklifts are being operated.
- Make sure all your forklift’s maintenance is up to date. If you have a Planned Maintenance Agreement, this would be a good time to review it with your service provider to ensure all standard checkpoints as well as unique equipment attachments are being inspected and maintained properly.
- Review any unique “site specific” features your facility may have and be sure your operators are aware of proper handling of equipment while on or around these features (ramps, areas where floors can be slick, floor substrates that vary etc…)
- Make sure that training is part of your company’s orientation for anyone that will or MIGHT operate a forklift. Remember, employees that have not been properly trained aren’t even allowed to sit on and start a forklift, much less move it out of the way of anything.
- Make sure you forklifts have proper safety equipment and that it’s operating properly. Lights, horns, back-up alarms, seat belts, fire extinguishers etc… Improve pedestrian safety, check out our Blue Spot Safety Light by Linde.
- Make sure you have lock-out kits to ensure that forklifts that do not pass an inspection are locked out immediately until repairs are made.
- Review all your forklifts for possible replacement. Old forklifts, or those that are getting “up there” in hours, might be potential threats. Review safety records and maintenance logs for your equipment. You might find this could be a good time to replace some or even all of your forklifts.-
Our goal is to help you operate safe, efficient and productive forklift equipment. To discuss forklift safety, operator training –or to get a quote on new equipment, please give us a call at 866-393-9833.
Tri-Lift NC, Inc, as a distributor of Linde products, welcomes Kion Group’s (Linde’s parent company) the Baoli forklift line to our product line-up.
Baoli is a world-wide company with over 700 employees and sales on every continent! Kion acquired Baoli in 2009 and has begun rolling out their products to US distributors in 2016.
From it’s 1.3 million square foot plant, Baoli produces a full-line of material handling equipment from electric pallet jacks to 20,000lb diesel forkifts and has over 260 distributors in more than 80 countries!
The first product to hit our market is the KBG25/35. It comes in 5,000lb and 7,000lb capacities with pneumatic tires. The KBG features a Nissan IMPCO K25 engine, Bolzoni side shifter and suspension seat. Click here to see the remaining standard equipment and options for the KBG.
Kion is expected to continue to roll out the remainder of the Baoli line-up in 2016 and 2017. We are very excited about the opportunities that this roll out presents to our markets. Baoli is a strong product with a very competitive price that will be very competitive in the US market.
New Baoli KBG25
- 189″ triple stage mast with hang-on sideshifter and 42″ forks
- Scratch resistant splatter paint
- Steering wheel with spinner knob
- Rear handle with horn button
- Full suspension seat
- Swing out LP tank bracket with LP tank included
- Solid pneumatic drive and steer tires
- Polycarbonate rain cap
- Strobe light and Full light package.
- See all the specs and more pictures
$19,900 Plus Tax and Freight or
*60 month FMV lease with approved credit. Normal clean operation. Restrictions apply. Contact us for details at 866-393-9833.